Wednesday, 1 July 2009

wedding memories..

Goodness I can hardly believe that it will be our first wedding anniversary on sunday!
How did that happen?? The year has flown by so quickly
So, as I really became involved in the wonderful world of blogging as a result of planning the wedding, I thought I would post a little bit about our day,so excuse the self indulgence! I do wish I had started a wedding blog at the time as I am still adicted to looking at wedding loveliness.. I only plucked up the courage afterwards!

So here you are, invited to our wedding.

As we love and collect classic children's books, we thought that would be our inspiration with lots of pen and ink illustrations of birds and nature.There was so much information to include it soon turned into a small booklet tied with green ribbon edged with gold thread.
Each page was a different chapter and headed with a quote from Alice in Wonderland.
This was the front page


And opened up to this...



We did the do in a beautiful Suffolk village called Aldeburgh so we made a whole weekend of the celebrations.






We designed them ourselves with the assistance of a talented graphic designing pal to do the technical stuff.It was so exciting working on them.
As everyone would be staying in the village we decided to have a map, created by a lovely lady from uxella publicity who transformed our photographs into sweet drawings . We even included a 'chapter' on things to do!




We were having our beautiful wedding ceremony underneath a majestic scots pine tree and used the silhouette outline on the front and back.

And this was the poem that the Shoe and I wrote together.I began it sitting on a crowded tube carriage dreaming of the wedding day and we finished it together that night, back home in our nest. You may have to click on it to read it !


Setting the scene on wedding day!



pics by fwphotography
Will be posting more about everything soon.
It's so lovely remembering it again.

(boo- the colour has come out rather funny but it was a faded sage green in real life!)

7 comments:

Beyond the sea said...

Oh my, oh my! I remember reading all about your wonderful wedding on a certain addictive wedding forum (ahem), I can't believe that was nearly a year ago.

I have been lingering in the blogosphere a wee while now and never dared comment before (how silly of me)

So I will just say one more thing...more pics, more pics if you please!

Amber said...

loving this. omg. keep it up. those invites? DIVINE. more more more more plz.

Rosalie said...

I'm so glad you're writing about your beautiful wedding, lovely to hear it in your own words.

Bunny, THE PARIS HOUSE said...

What a beautiful post and the invitations are so beautiful. Happy anniversary!! I can't wait to see more pics!1

conversationpieces said...

Oooh thanks for inviting me ;) I feel honoured... Your invites are so cute. Can't wait to see more pics – indulge away :D

Lisa-Marie said...

Your wedding looks wonderful! It has such an air of natural whimsy about it!

Congrats on being married for a year!

Janmaree said...

Oh your invites were super adorable with so much heart.