Sunday, 14 June 2009

Zonked..

from this lovely place

Phee-yoooow... what a weekend it's been.
In a far flung city working, as Peter Sellers would say, 'like a dog' ( I love this clip so much,makes me laugh like a mad thing)
I was away doing things ridiculously late when I should have been tucked up in the posh hotel. And then having to be awake at stupid o'clock, heigh ho,all good fun and what would be a tough ol' slog is made much easier by being in a sun filled land. Sleep has been sparse but the freckles are blooming!
I didn't even bring my camera as I knew there would hardly be anytime for meandering round cobbled streets and just went from hotel-coach-theatre-coach-hotel....

But it was so lovely to come home today to my love and our peaceful home,he'd been planting up the garden and it's looking more and more oasis-ie by the day. And the birds.. oh it's just give me so much happiness that our little patch is a veritable bird reserve. their our pets! I was a sleeping 'not so' beauty so went and had a nap and there were frilly peonies in our room. Clever boy.




Oh coming home is often the nicest thing about going away..I really have turned into a home bird!

Another nice surprise was to find I had been tagged by terribly clever ladies Meg
and Eden Rose so although I am a bear of little brain tonight I will try and provide some witty or more likely silly answers.
Here goes..

What is your current obsession?

Well apart from the severe addiction to car boot sales which makes it hard to pass one by without a whimper(even driving back from the airport there was one just off the motorway and I had to steel my nerve to stop me from turning off.) Oh and my garden and BIRDS!! see above. I've turned into a right twitcher!

What is your weirdest obsession?

Well, I don't know if it's really weird but I am a complete musical obsession,totally,utterly loopy over them and I don't mean any of your Lloyd Webber malarky,no siree, only the good stuff- preferably MGM and with Judy Garland/Gene Kelly/Fred Astaire. And I'm happy.

Coffee or tea?

Does it matter?! All have their place in the world..but coffee from here or a real mint tea in a glass moroccan style or strong builders in a mug or fragrant Earl Gray in one of my lovely tea cups would do me fine.



What was the last thing you bought?

Apart from spanish pop socks(a necessity in my line of work!) a much more interesting buy was waiting for me when I got home - a fabby vintage Bluebird toffee tin. Might post some pictures later in the week. Will be perfect in our retro kitchen I'm planning.

What are you listening to right now?
The Shoe moaning about his bottom... and that he can't get comfy in his chair.Nice.
Although earlier,I was much more refined and was listening to the Cardiff Singer of the world final. It's sort of like the X factor for opera singers.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Don't ask.. I'm on a diet. Boo.
Although last time we were by the seaside I had the most scrummy rhubarb flavour.
oh no.. don't think of the ice cream.....



What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you?

Two very inspirational ladies. I am in awe of Meg's ability to transform dull and boring furniture into this amazingness. And I am constantly delighted by the interiors that Eden Rose finds-such a good eye.Like this which might possibly be my dream house

What's your favourite quote(for now)?

Has to be a Billy Bragg lyric but there are so many-
'I saw two shooting stars last night,I wished on them , but they were only satellites.It's wrong to wish on space hardware.
I wish,I wish,I wish you cared.'

Perfection.

Oh I fear my zonkedness has hit me again and I must finish this tomorrow!

Sleep well! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 comments:

Emmy said...

What a nice meme! I love that Billy Bragg quote too, but prefer Kirsty Macoll's version of the song.

Flora said...

Hmmm, now you've got me very curious as to what you do that involves, lets see, theatres, Spanish pop socks, hot cities, not much sleep...erm...Flamenco Dancer?!

Doooo tell please!

the letters i wish i'd written said...

gorgeous photo on the steps, when i fall asleep i look like shrek...

Peonies and Polaroids said...

I was thinking it sounded like you were a flamenco dancer too!

Oh I love naps, that picture makes me want to take a nap.

Flora said...

Oh what a hoot, it was a very confusing sentence.. if only I was an exotic and sultry flamenco dancer.. more like a flamingo dancer I'm afraid to say!
the pop socks were a vital part of the all black outfit I had to wear hence the need to trawl round the Spanish version of Debenhams in search of aforementioned sockettes. Imagine having to wear such things in the heat- sweaty tootsies a go go. So unfair.

Lisa-Marie said...

Hi! I found you blog via Hannah's. Your blog is so fun. 'A New England' is one of my all time favourite songs.
What are Spanish pop socks? I am so intrigued!