Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Finish what I've started..

So on with the rest of the quiz-

What is your dream job?




Well,tempting as being a flamenco dancer might be(see the comment box to last post) I would love to go back in time and sing in the choir of the MGM studios! Or in this lifetime,a florist or costume designer after my encounter today which involved being dressed up like a Renaissance lady.
My job does have aspects of dream-ness about it but like everything it has it's downsides.Do you think there is ever such a thing as the perfect job?


What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?


Aside from my darling of a wedding dress,I have a dress that belonged to my Great Aunt Annie from the forties-floral silk in purples and pinks with dozens of tiny buttons down the back. My mother wore it in the 70's and now I wear it on very special occasions like when we announced our engagement!
Oh and in winter time it has to be my pair of pink thick ski socks-my comfort socks I call them,two pairs so I can always keep my feet toasty!




What is your worst habit?

Running late... Boo. I am trying to break this White Rabbit tendency especially as The Shoe is the most punctual person ever.It's the only thing that drives him mad about me!




Do you admire any one’s style?


Maybe all those gloriously elegant ladies of Hollywood days of yore. Audrey,Liz Taylor,Bette Davis,Cyd Charisse.Barbra even, I think she was fabby..Oh to be coiffured and sophiss.




What are your favourite movies?


My Fair Lady,Slipper and the Rose, Little Women(the June Allyson version!)Funny Girl
Girlie aren't they? And all good for a weep. Don't watch this clip without having at least 3 hankies ready..





Your favorite book ?


Cloud Atlas by Paul Mitchell.Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy.


What is your favorite fruit?


A luscious ripe nectarine with the juice running down your arm. The taste of summer.


Do you collect something?


Ummm yes. teacups,fabric,birdie things,children's books. It's getting serious.

What is your favorite smell?

Sweetpeas without doubt. Although I could have a favourite scent through each month. At the moment the heady scent of Orange blossom from my granny's garden is perfuming the room.



Cats or dogs?

I love both of course but sure others would describe me as a dog person.



What’s your biggest fashion mistake?


At the height of the grunge era,I would wear massive fisherman's jumpers which would come down to my knees over long black skirts and huge doc marten boots. One such day I was wearing this outfit when I turned up at school and it was the day of school photos which I had completely forgotten.And it wasn't just the usual group shots but individual ones which we had never had before so my wonderful outfit was captured forever- I tried to destroy the evidence but scarily it's one of my mum's favourite pictures of me as she says it reminds her of my terrible teenage years. Thanks Mum!


My question: What do you look forward to coming home to after you've been away?



SO I am going to tag

Emmy
Flora
Hannah
Kerry
Hellebores
Anna
Rosalie
Amber

And anyone that would like to have a bash! Go ahead why wait to be tagged.. For some other of the questions see Meg and Eden's posts.

Apparently you have to link back here and then tag others. Lots of love x x

5 comments:

Flora said...

Yes, but you still haven't revealed your profession!...hmmm, neatly sidestepped I think - ok, so now I'm guessing...all black outfit...erm, Milk Tray lady, or assassin. Am i getting warmer?

Thanks for the tag - I'll get onto it later in the week :)

the letters i wish i'd written said...

love it!

the seventy tree said...

Hello. i never thanked you for tagging me! thanks you! I have received a couple of tags and am working on my answers now..it's taking me aaagges for some reason...and I've been having a blog-break. Hope you are well.

Amber said...

ditto my belated tag thanking! it is coming... have been slow and lazy lately. and this one requires thinking too mmmm!!!

Flora said...

Hey no need to thank me,I'm sure you're rather cursing the extra work!

I look forward to reading your answers