Wednesday, 20 May 2009

I'm so excited...


And I just can't hide it!

We're going to the Chelsea flower show on saturday! Whoop di ding dang doo! I have always always wanted to go and it is just the most perfect time for a visit as we are in the process of transforming our garden from a decking nightmare into a tiny oasis of loveliness. I am ripe for inspiring. But I know I shall just walk around going 'want that,want that,want that' like the pudgiest kid in the sweetie shop.

So here's what our tiny garden looked like when we inherited it.. a shed full of rubbish and slippy horrid decking. Our whole house was like a Changing Room overload when we moved in.

It's just a wee garden but we have the park right behind so it almost like being in the country and is wonderful to watch the trees as the change through the seasons.


From this,last bits of snow on the ground..



Goodbye decking! Look when he started there were no leaves on the trees and now..


First roll of turf!


And hello new lawn!

And quite soon after the grass was down- the first visitor! An exciting moment..
Yes,that is a fireplace in our garden..what? you mean you don't have one? Another street find that needed to come home with us. Not sure where it's going but it's a conversation piece at the moment, who needs modern sculpture.



So now all the fun and planning and back breaking digging and planting can begin and but till then I shall dream of floating around like this pretty lady,sipping champagne in our romantic haven.



I'm sure I'll be posting pictures a plenty on my return. Am full of gardening thoughts.

(pics from here)

6 comments:

h for hellebores said...

Ooh I'm so jealous Flora. I would LOVE to go to Chelsea. Please please please post lots of lovely pictures.

anna said...

Oh your own urban paradise! I am loving the fireplace.

My mama loves going to Chelsea. One year I should get her to buy me a ticket too!

Lots of photos please and when your garden is finished feel free to let me come over with Champagne and macarons! (in a totally non creepy stalker way!)

Lynne said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes! And you garden is great - it's a lovely size, mine is titchy!

Peonies and Polaroids said...

Oh my jealousy knows no bounds. You have a garden! You're going to Chelsea! You have a garden!

Boy vowed that we would keep Chelsea week free next year as I'm so desperate to go.

And oh lordy, that is a decking nightmare.

Amber said...

how glorious to see the changes in the garden. I'd love to go to Chelsea. Enjoy!

Flora said...

Oh yes there will be champagne and macaroons all round when it's done!