Thursday, 30 April 2009

Oh Elvis...

When you do that shaky leg, hip rocking, lip quivering, sultry smouldering... ooo- my tum does little flippy things and I get funny feelings in a certain bit of my anatomy...

Caught the end of Girls,Girls,Girls today. Fabby film about Elvis, a fisherman trying to buy a boat and earning extra money by singing in a nightclub, with some truly camp songs... but he never looked better all tanned and toned! The sixties was always my favourite Elvis period, that comeback when he's top to toe in black leather made a big impression on me when I saw it on telly as a young innocent girl - it was a repeat, I should add!

Oh to be his first mate and be serenaded by the bequiffed one whilst wearing a ruffly bikini.



Even though you is long gone(sob sob) and I know you kinda let yourself go a bit towards the end,hey we all are guilty of a bit of comfort eating. But when you look like a god in your rolled up sleeves and little captain's hat.. You'll always be a dreamboat!



Seriously sexy,no?! Although how camp can you get with all the 'never saw such big ones' and a**- slapping!
And the big finale with the title song - brilliantly over the top!

2 comments:

Peonies and Polaroids said...

I LOVE that film! So gloriously camp. And Elvis, so gloriously yummy.

Flora said...

Better than a deep fried peanut butter and bacon baguette- apparently the King's sandwich of choice!