Saturday, 7 February 2009

Surprise in the post...

I came home yesterday after my musical sing song class and there was a long box on the kitchen counter. How exciting! The only thing better than receiving a letter in the post is of course a parcel. What could it be? It came from a farm in Wales and then I realised...
Has someone sent you flowers in the post? asked The Shoe, rather perplexed. I knew immediately who they were from and I glowed with love for her. What wonderful friends I have.
I'm afraid I ripped into the cardboard rather like a child at christmas and revealed golden blooms of sunshine.






A wonderful box of DAFFODILS!



There's nothing like receiving flowers to lift the spirits and there was a sweet card to accompany them urging me to fill my life with cheer. I had been a right ol' moaning minnie and all rather down in the dumps in my last emails to her and with such kindness and sweetness, she reminded me that spring and days of sun are just around the corner.




I have filled two jugs with them. Jugs from my wedding collection of vintage vases( I can't bear to get rid of any) but the best news is although they were perfect when I received them, they were meant to arrive at the start of the week but because of the snow were stuck in the depot since monday. So they have sent out another box as a replacement that will arrive next week!
A double treat!








A host of golden daffodils...



3 comments:

agirl said...

How wonderful!

I need to be a better friend and do things like that more often... Thank you for the reminder!

Flora said...

I'm sure you are a very good friend, but I know what you mean. It makes people feel so loved.

Peonies and Polaroids said...

How lovely. Getting flowers in the post is so exciting and what a lovely thought from your friend.