Thursday, 5 February 2009

Happy birthday Granny!

It's my wonderful granny's 96th birthday today! Sad I can't be with her but we've just spoken and she said to me 'It's getting serious now' She says that every year! I told her she should be proud of herself and she replied 'should I?!'
I have so much to thank her for.My love of flowers,poetry,music have all stemmed from her and she is still so interested in politics,reading and learning.


I love this picture so much.It was taken at our wedding and she looked so happy the whole day. I remember looking over at one point during the reception when we were playing the musical medley and she was singing along to 'I could have danced all night' her arms outstretched and head thrown back with joy. It made my heart fill with love for her.

2 comments:

agirl said...

You are so very lucky to have her. And may we all enjoy life as much as she seems to be doing in the photo!

Flora said...

I agree, I am very very lucky that she is still in our lives.
Going to see her today and will be treasuring every moment with her.