Thursday, 4 December 2008

Birthday blues and Grumpy Grannies

So it's my birthday this coming Saturday,and usually I luuuurve birthdays and do them very very well. Some of the best have been the Chinese Elvis night, a ropey ol' chinese restaurant in a dodgy part of London crammed in with hen parties,50th birthdays and us, a table full of professional musicians crying with laughter at the rhinestone jumpsuited Elvis. And I love being spoilt and having a day of just doing whacky me things - two years ago we slid down the tubes at Tate Modern and then I got all emotional watching Wicked. It was great.

But I've been feeling a bit 'meh' about this one... perhaps it's because things are really getting serious now and there are definitely a couple more grey hairs that have sprouted in the last few months resulting in hours(did I say I exaggerate a lot!) standing in front of the mirror trying to catch the elusive silvery hair to pluck out..
Or maybe after organising the biggest party of our lives back in July, the idea of more celebrating has rather lost it's impact. I've been feeling rather like a wrung out dishcloth these last few months hence one of the reasons for starting this... Never the less, I am going to make it fizzy and as it actually falls on the saturday well, it would be rude not to have a party. And so to spread the weight,it will be a joint party with Ozgirl and the theme is Grannies Behaving Badly.. As I do have so many granny tendencies: slippers, my collection of teacups and all things floral.
I have been raiding charity shops and markets to find suitably chintzy clothing and have turned up some beauts! There really is nothing better than finding a garishly coloured polyester frock to lift the heart! So with my spirits getting in the birthday mood, at least any grumpiness can be disguised under the party theme.
Dontcha just love this picture-

3 comments:

goldinks1 said...

If I could only get you some where private,i would like to wank all over you.Just love granny's

goldinks1 said...

If I could only get you some where private,i would like to wank all over you.Just love granny's

Alex Swanson said...

My great grandmother and great great aunt.